We have no employees and operate 100% on the independent chair commission/rental model. We also offer opportunities beyond cutting including shop management and ownership for our area renters. If you are looking to operate your business in a clean, modern and forward thinking organization with a great group of marketing and businesses minds behind it. Please read on.
“Within one month of getting my barber license I was busy…very busy. I was shown the tools and systems on how to be a successful barber and enjoy my new career. Ampell is a place I truly enjoy coming to work everyday.– Alex Gardephe
All of our Ampell Barbershop locations provide the following amenities and services for area renters –
- The best barber chair money can buy, the Takara 225- classic . Comfy and built to last just like the ones in your fathers barbershop, but new. Our clients notice the difference and so will yours.
- 3-Zone clean air certified shop. With state of the art activated charcoal air purification system. Because chemicals are necessary for a clean shop, but that doesn’t mean we have to breathe them in all day.
- A full team of dedicated marketing, technology and educational professionals to drive traffic to your chair and help you build a full book fast.
- Access to shared online booking system.
- Earn additional income on every retail product you sell.
- Free backbar and supplies.
- Paid training opportunities.
- Lots of free Taco Bell.
We only offer rental opportunities from those who have a NYS Barbers Licence or are currently in school and preparing to take their NYS board exam. We do not offer gap or apprentice license support at this time.
Our crew comes form an extremely diverse background and so do our clients. Diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective help us build a better shop for both those working here and our clients. If you aren’t cool with this, this isn’t the shop you’re looking for.
If this sounds like you could be a good fit please email Kyle(at)AmpellBarbershop(dot)com. Please understand we have a rigorous processes for applying to rent a chair at Ampell Barbershop.